Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Piccinini/Nolan Techniques

Both Piccinini and Nolan have different ways of representing their artwork. The word I had used for the Piccinini artwork was 'Guarding'. In this peice, Piccinini has either painted or printed an image of a woman with a sword seemingly guarding the barren landscape behind her. The image has been printed on a striking red 3d object, of which almost allows the image of the woman to explode outwards. In my 3d representation of the word 'Guarding' I had used Gaol-like cylindrical steel bars to create a prison like atmosphere, with the bars being the 'Guarding' aspect of the model.
Whereas with the Nolan painting, Sidney Nolan seems to have used oil paint in order to convery his piece of art, in which a bushranger is defending his land from a British settler. For this artwork I used the word 'Defending' to represent the painting and my 3d Model. For my model, I had used a Fortressesque house to epitomise the word 'Defending'. The use of sharp cones to surround the entrance of the building gives the Model an aura of being an 'inpenetrable force'.

No comments: